Project Architect/Project Manager - Housing
MWA Architects is seeking a Project Architect/Project Manager with experience in multi-family housing to work in our San Francisco studio (located near Embarcadero BART Station). Experience in affordable housing with a passion for addressing California’s housing crisis is preferred.
We are interested in candidates who are either experienced Project Managers or effective Project Architects with a desire to grow into a PM role. You will be working directly with the Director of Housing on a variety of multi-family housing projects, bringing your breadth of experience to deliver successful projects. Project Managers will also be responsible for budgets, schedules and contributing to the firm’s business development efforts.
With an ability to build and maintain relationships within the studio, with consultants and clients, we expect this candidate to support a strong studio culture with mentorship of other staff.
- 10+ Years of Experience
- Excellent communication
- Proficient in construction detailing
- Strong design sensibility and commitment to sustainable design, including familiarity with LEED and GPR
- Familiar with CA building codes and accessibility requirements
- Able to navigate diverse planning and jurisdictional requirements
- Revit (AutoCAD and SketchUp preferred)
- General proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office
- Excellent Management Skills – able to shepherd projects from conceptual design through construction
- California Architecture License (will consider candidates licensed in other states who are able to quickly gain CA licensure)
Our San Francisco studio is centrally located (near Embarcadero BART Station). We provide an excellent benefits package, including professional development, and have an active Associates program developing firm leadership.