Intermediate Interior Architect/Designer
MWA is seeking an interior architect/designer with 7-10 years of experience to work with our interiors team in our San Francisco studio (located near BART Embarcadero Station). Our practice areas include; affordable multi-family housing, civic, institutional, commercial, transportation, interiors and infrastructure. Our studio is a dynamic and engaging workspace and we are looking for people who will contribute to a positive office culture.
Experience in medium to large scale commercial, civic and institutional interior architectural projects is preferred. You will be working in collaboration with the project manager and job captain and involved in all aspects of the project from design through construction.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Participate on interior projects during the initial programming, space planning and design phases
- Generate interior design concepts including the formulation of design presentation strategies, and make presentations to clients
- Develop interior materials and finishes palettes that respond to the project goals and budget
- Select, budget and specify furnishings
- Participate in the development of construction documents and FFE specifications for projects
- Participate in the construction administration phase of projects
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior designers
We are looking for candidates with:
- Excellent knowledge of the programming, space planning and design requirements for commercial interior architecture projects
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on a project team
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A professional degree in Interior Architecture or Architecture from an accredited university
- 7-10 years of relevant project experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp & MS Office Suite (Experience with Revit desirable)
- LEED Accreditation or working towards achieving
• MWA offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
• Room for growth, with professional development benefits and an active Associates program developing firm leadership.