MWA Architects is an award-winning architectural and interior design firm with local offices in San Francisco and Oakland, CA and Portland, OR. Since the firm's founding in 1988 as a local minority-owned business, MWA has gained a national reputation for integrating urban design and community participation into housing, infrastructure, interior design and neighborhood revitalization projects. MWA is committed to work that preserves and supports healthy, thriving and diverse communities.
MWA is seeking a talented and collaborative designer with 2-5 years of experience and an interest in addressing California’s housing crisis. This position will provide valuable design, graphic and technical support for our housing projects, with opportunities to contribute to other studios, depending on workloads. This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco office, which is centrally located near Embarcadero BART.
• Design collaboration with project team
• Graphics for presentations and proposals
• CAD modeling and drafting - conceptual through construction documentation
• Architectural programming assistance
• Materials and methods research
• Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited university
• 2-5 years professional experience
• Experience assisting with construction documents
• Strong design skills
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
• Must be willing to work collaboratively with project team
• Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Suite experience required
• AutoCAD experience preferred
• Experience with wood-framed construction and multi-family housing a plus
• Green building (LEED, CGBP) accreditation a plus
• MWA offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
• Room for growth, with professional development benefits and an active Associates program developing firm leadership.